Please note, applications for this job have now closed. Please use the search panel on the right to conduct a new search to find the right job opportunity for you.
About the role:
This established media organisation is searching for a talented Mid - Senior Front End Web Developer to join a new team for a new project where you will be 1 of 2 front end web developers working within a project team including a Project Director, Art Director, 4 Ruby on Rails Developers and a Games Designer; you will be part of the broader Web / Online Team within a larger organisation. You'll be responsible for:
To be successful in this role:
- Developing the front-end for the client's public facing, high profile gaming websites
- Ensuring the websites are user appropriate for multiple digital platforms including desktops, tablets, mobile and more!
- Follow best practice web standards, policies and processes across all digital environments
- Ensure consistency of the front end (GUI); consistency of the look and feel and across all digital platforms and environments
- Collaboratively develop standards for the publishing environment
- Technology research and development (including evaluating new, appropriate technologies)
- Working closely with the Art Director and Games Designer
- Working closely with back end developers to integrate, test and debug front end functionality with back end applications
- Assess the impact upon the front end (GUI) and online area of major change requests
- Providing status updates to producers and project managers
- Experience with HTML5
- Experience with Canvas, Jasmine, WebGL and browser based gaming will be highly advantageous
- An understanding of User Experience (UX) and usability
- A good understanding of Java and JSPs
- Have a clear understanding of standard web development processes
- Excellent communication skills
A key factor for this role is also culture fit; they are an exceptionally innovative and agile organisation and look for flexible and adaptable people who have ability, who like to share their knowledge / ideas and are genuinely passionate about what they do. You need to be committed to your role within the business but who also like to have some fun along the way! They encourage you to take time out from the office to clear the mind and come up with new and innovative ideas to bring back to the team!
To find out more about this great opportunity, and the chance to join a reputable company, call me now for a confidential discussion on 9021 9765 and send your CV by clicking on the APPLY icon.
Java and Digital Recruitment...