Please note, applications for this job have now closed. Please use the search panel on the right to conduct a new search to find the right job opportunity for you.
Our client is a large corporate organisation based west of Sydneys CBD. They have a vacancy for an experienced UNIX/Linux Administrator to join their team of technically gifted Engineers.
The role will allow you to work across the latest forms of both flavours and give you access to BAU and project work. This is a very supportive environment that will allow you to utilise your current skill set and develop in new areas. Position Overview
The primary purpose of the position is to be part of team that is responsible to implement, support and maintain production systems that are expected to operate on a 24x7 basis. The role is responsible for Unix and Linux Operating Systems (Sun Solaris, AIX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
). Key Responsibilities
Experience and skills
- Install, maintain and document all Linux systems running on Red Hat.
- Install, maintain and document all Unix systems running on Solaris 9 & 10.
- Apply software updates, patches and changes as required according to company policies.
- Install, review and maintain documentation and procedures for all systems responsible.
- Ensure reliable and timely backups.
- Liaise with external and internal technical contacts to manage repair of supported systems.
- Schedule installations and major changes according to change management practices.
- Linux Red Hat - Strong
- Solaris 9 & 10 - Intermediate
- Red Hat Satellite - Desirable
- Virtualisation - Desirable
- Communication skills - Strong
- Documentation - Strong
The above is a brief overview of what my client is looking for, so for a full position overview, please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
at Apex Resource Solutions