Please note, applications for this job have now closed. Please use the search panel on the right to conduct a new search to find the right job opportunity for you.
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for 2 flexible, technical all round Software / Web Developers with experience in a number of different technologies and a specialist in none, to join an existing team of 3 people for minimum 6 months contracts (with the chance of extension). My client, recognised as a leading employer within Sydney's leisure and hospitality industry, have an exceptionally busy year ahead; having proven to the rest of the business the success of this small Web team within a broader IT team of 15, more projects have been approved. The only thing stopping them from delivering is the extra pairs of hands needed to do so; this is where you come in!
The position is to work on a variety of exciting new predominantly web-based projects but you might also be expected to pick up skills in areas and technologies you haven't been exposed to before; if you are a Specialist within Java or .Net for example and want to remain this way, this role is NOT for you! Social Networking introductions and enhancements, Loyalty Programme Integrations, Restaurant and Hotel Booking roll outs, Mobile Website Enablement, SEO and Website Analytics are some examples of the approved projects.
You will be working alongside 3 other Software Developers and reporting to the Business Analyst. Whilst this is an established organisation the IT team is very much in it's infancy and at times operate within a start up type of environment. They are currently undergoing significant improvements across the whole business and with this in mind the right person will be flexible and not concerned about change or a lack of structure. You'll be responsible for:
To be successful in this role:
- Develop information integration solutions for projects
- Develop, build, configure, customise, integrate and unit test solutions from low level designs
- Ensure that solutions meet the requirements outlined in the design documentation
- Perform all work to agreed deadlines, cost and quality constraints
- Ensure that developed solutions are peer reviewed and documented
- Unit test solutions to ensure they meet quality standards
- Create and provide support handover for implemented solutions within agreed timeframes, using existing standards
- Investigate opportunities to use new and emerging technologies
- Ensure all solutions are alligned with the information strategy and Enterprise data warehouse solutions
- Process Ownership - Build / Configure Solution
- Approx 3-6 years commercial experience in software development within either .Net or Java
- Knowledge of end-to-end development process
- Experience developing and building websites from scratch
- Experience with CMSs (Microsoft Sharepoint preferred but not essential)
- Server Environments (primarily Windows/IIS, with some Apache)
- Experience with Booking Portals / WebServices (primarily WebMethods / Software AG , JSPs/ Java / JSF / jQuery)
- Exposure to CRM System (.Net, Mobile HTML5)
- Mobile (.Net primarily, some jQuery)
- Excellent communication and interaction skills
- Experience in utilising WebServices /communications with core systems (WebMethods are preferred but not essential)
This role is well suited to a Technical "Jack of all trades, master of none" Developer. You will be comfortable working in small teams and contributing to meetings but also able to hit the ground running and well autonomously with little guidance.
To find out more about this great opportunity, and the chance to join a reputable, well known company, call Jennifer Knight now for a confidential discussion on 02 9021 9765 and send your CV by clicking on the APPLY icon
Java and Digital Recruitment...