Please note, applications for this job have now closed. Please use the search panel on the right to conduct a new search to find the right job opportunity for you.
About The Role:
This is a fantastic Mid-Senior Java web Development opportunity working for a specialist research organisation with a reputation for delivering quality software products and delivering successful projects EVERYTIME! You will be working on a variety of greenfield projects, developing and testing software solutions for bespoke applications for the scientific community; the full SDLC will be your responsibility.
You will work be working within small project teams of 5-7 people so you must be comfortable working alone sometimes; this is not a Technical Lead role; you won't be required to mentor or lead any of the developers; your technical thoughts and inputs will however be expected; you will be a team player.
You will be provided with the opportunity to work in the research space on a variety of interesting Java web projects. You will be based in Sydney CBD with plenty of work on, so will be kept very busy although they also make time for socialising, getting to know the team and also sharing knowledge and ideas with demo hours and afternoon teas etc. The organisation too have a very low staff turnover but have high expectations of their Engineer's abilities, so you know you will be working with some of the best Software Engineers in Sydney. You'll be responsible for:
- Java web Development (JSPs/Servlets)
- Some Ruby on Rails development work (depending on the project)
- Mobile (iOS/Android) Development
- Working on short term projects (3 - 12 month durations)
- Working within an agile environment (Pair programming, contributing to daily stand up meetings, conducting retrospectives, etc)
- Investigating and evangelizing new technology solutions
- Sharing your knowledge and experiences with the rest of the team and influencing the direction of development To be successful in this role:
- 5-8 years of commercial Java development experience with the ability to write high quality code
- Excellent core Java and algorithmic skills; you will be tested on this
- A good problem solver
- A genuine desire or love for working in a truly agile development environment
- Excellent communication skills
- You must be genuinely passionate about Java web development and related tools and technologies; if you don't know something you need to be the type to research it rather than ignore it. You actively contribute to open source projects and blog about Agile and Java for example.
- You will have a degree and strong academic background in IT / Computer Science / Engineering.
To find out more about this great opportunity, and the chance to join a reputable, well known company, call Jennifer Knight now for a confidential discussion on 02 9021 9765 and send your CV by clicking on the APPLY icon.
Java and Digital Recruitment...