Please note, applications for this job have now closed. Please use the search panel on the right to conduct a new search to find the right job opportunity for you.
About the role:
These are fantastic Java / C++ Software Engineering opportunities working for a specialist research and development organisation with a reputation for delivering quality financial software products to their well recognised clients (household brands and organisations) and for delivering successful projects EVERYTIME! You will be working on a variety of greenfield projects gathering requirements, developing and testing software solutions; the full SDLC will be your responsibility.
You will be provided with the opportunity to work in the research space on a variety of interesting, financial and highly demanding projects with highly intelligent and smart technical people. You will work be working within a small team of 7-10 Java and C++ Software Engineers depending upon the
particular project so you must be comfortable working within a team as well as autonomously at times. You will also be liaising with other members of a broader Development team as well as a larger IT team of approximately 40 professionals. You'll be responsible for:
To be successful in this role:
- Designing and developing code for software to meet project specifications, taking a holistic approach and the full SDLC into account
- Reviewing code and designs; providing direction as needed
- Identifying relevant technologies and build prototypes
- Running and monitor various (unit, system & integration) tests
- Analysing test results and delivering solutions to issue areas
- Adhering to documentation procedures for users and developers
- Investigating and evangelizing new technology solutions
- Being aware of emerging development and architectural trends and their likely impact in house
- Sharing your knowledge and experiences with the rest of the team during meetings
- Providing strong technology leadership and influencing the direction of development; following best practise processes
- A strong academic background including degree in IT / Computer Science / Engineering; no need for PhDs
- At least 3 years (up to 8 years) of commercial Java development experience; you will be GRILLED on your technical Java skills!
- Extensive experience across all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle including architecture design, research and development.
- Experience with large software systems within medium sized teams
- Some exposure (no matter if not recent exposure) to C++, Perl or Ruby
- Solid SQL skills
- SQL (MySQL) Database skills; NoSQL experience will be highly regarded
- Experience working within an agile (SCRUM) development environment
- Excellent communication and interaction skills
- A genuine desire and love for working with technology and all things a bit strange, interesting and quirky
- You must be genuinely passionate about Java development and related tools and technologies; if you don't know something you need to be the type to research it rather than ignore it. You actively contribute to R&D projects by playing around with technology in your own time.
This role is well suited to a Java Software Engineer with 3+ years of experience and a background in C++ who wants to continue their career within this space but would also like to work with like-minded, smart people where the results of your technical efforts can be seen by the public eye.
To find out more about this great opportunity, and the chance to join a reputable, well known company, call Jennifer Knight now for a confidential discussion on 02 9021 9765 and send your CV by clicking on the APPLY icon.
Java and Digital Recruitment...