Please note, applications for this job have now closed. Please use the search panel on the right to conduct a new search to find the right job opportunity for you.
About the role:
As a result of continuous growth this well recognised (household brand) financial institution with headquarters in Sydney's CBD, are looking for enthusiastic
Support Engineers with a background in Java Development to join their broad Java support and development team. You will spend most of your time supporting up to 35 various important Java and Websphere applications that need to be accessed 24/7. To be successful in this role:
You'll be responsible for:
- Experience programming with Java and J2EE
- Experience with Content Management Systems such as Vignette
- Experience developing WebServices and SOA
- IBM Websphere Application server 5.0 and 6.0 experience
- Experienced applying J2EE security, Concurrency, Transactions, Session Management, J2EE Patterns, and Frameworks to application solutions
- Advanced Development Life Cycle, product development methodologies, database methodologies and system integration
- Demonstrated experience using SQL or similar query language
- Demonstrated experience using debugging tools - RAD
- Demonstrated experience using versioning tools (Clear case, CVS)
- Understanding of coding design and documentation protocol as well as unit testing, change management and release procedures
- Mostly supporting and providing production support for an internally developed Websphere application. The application is a tier 1 application which is available 24x7
- Monitoring & working on problem tickets; following them up with relevant business & technical teams & ensuring the problem is successfully resolved
- Documenting the issues, causes and resolutions
- Providing on-call support for the application
- Working with the appropriate Java development team members to bring the issue to resolution
- Supporting the application throughout the Product Development lifecycle
- Monitoring the application and its performance to ensure problems are detected before they become issues and involving the appropriate teams to determine a resolution to the application.
This role is well suited to a Websphere Support Engineer with a background in Java development who wants to continue their career within a support capacity but would specifically like to obtain commercial exposure to a number of various different high demand, financial applications.
To find out more about this great opportunity, and the chance to join a reputable, well known company, call Jennifer Knight now for a confidential discussion on 02 9021 9765 and send your CV by clicking on the APPLY icon.
Java and Digital Recruitment...